As a business owner, your business needs to run as cost effective as possible especially when considering purchases. Whether you’re the business owner, company controller or office manager, you will know and appreciate how hard it is to buy good, quality office furniture for a reasonable price. This is why more and more people are turning to second hand office furniture to save money whilst furnishing their offices. Used office furniture becomes more and more popular with cost savvy business owners wanting more for their money when purchasing office furniture for their offices.
Kings Office Furniture has been supplying business large and small with high quality used office furniture for the best part of twenty years. In these 20 years we have grown from one man and a van to large a warehouse and high-end showroom in the south coast. All our used office furniture is stored on site and can be viewed at our showroom or online.
In this post we are going to be looking at the benefits of buying second hand office furniture and how to spot a bargain and what quality checks we advise you take when purchasing used office furniture. At Kings Office Furniture we have built our reputation on providing great value & quality used office furniture but we still advise you take all the steps below and encourage you to do so.
What are the Benefits of Buying Used Office Furniture?
- Cost Effective – Used furniture is cheaper than brand new furniture. There is a lot of used furniture out there that looks just like new. This means you get more for your money, we stock a huge range of designer office furniture that is in fantastic condition. We are one of the leading suppliers of used Herman Miller chairs across the UK, and clients love getting a great quality iconic chair at a fraction of the price. Either way, these are great opportunities to make your office look great for less!
- Eco-Friendly – The more used furniture that gets recycled and reused the less that is going into landfill. Most of the largest landfills we have will be filled in less than 10 years. As we are filling these up, we are forced to make more, resulting in our planet filling up with more and more rubbish. Help our planet stay healthier for longer, by lowering our carbon footprint and consider used furniture instead of buying brand new.
- You Receive It Quicker – All our used office furniture is in stock and ready to go When buying new office furniture, it may result in waiting for it to be delivered for weeks because it’s either not in stock or you’re waiting for it to be delivered to you. When buying second hand furniture you can either walk away with it the same day or not too long after.
How do you find the Best Bargains in Used Furniture?
Finding bargains at kings office furniture is easy we want to make it as straight forward for you to find the furniture you are looking for in the price range you can afford. The best way of finding the best bargains for used furniture is to look in your local community. Check sites like Facebook and Gumtree that regularly list when people are selling things. Perhaps talking to other local businesses in the area, may shed some light as to where you can buy some, they might even be selling their own! Don’t forget to also check the local newspapers too!
Many business owners are using websites like eBay to buy and sell their old office equipment. Logging on will provide you with many listings of second hand office furniture of all shapes, sizes, conditions and prices. When buying heavy items online, consider that you may need to pay extra in shipping charges then you would if you purchased locally.
When buying used office furniture from Kings Office Furniture we have a huge range of stock and only buy in large quantaties to ensure their is plenty of used matching pieces to keep in mind that you may not be able to find the colour or design that you had imagined. It’s much better to be open minded going into your search than expecting something that you may not be able to find.
What to Consider When Buying Used Furniture
So, you think you’ve found your perfect piece of furniture? It’s a great price and will go great in your office. Consider these points before handing over the money:
- Check It Over – Check the furniture over to ensure that all parts of it are in good working order. For example, desks are checked for stability, all leg end caps and feet are in place, all drawers are running smoothly. All desk chairs are checked for rips and tears and wear to the fabric and all mechanisms are in full working order. All filing cabinets are checked for smooth running drawers.
- Cleanliness – Ensure that office chairs are cleaned with a professional cleaning machine and will be cleaned prior to delivery. If you are picking this item up yourself, ascertain where the furniture has been kept and if possible, check that environment.
- Could it be Refurbished? – Some office furniture will be beyond a good clean but could it possibly be salvaged by refurbishing it? Consider the costs of this and if you’re prepared to do the work you may save yourself a lot of money.
There are lot of benefits to second hand furniture. Saving money and being part of helping the environment to name but a few. It could also inspire you to get a bit creative! If you own a small business this could be a great team building activity! No matter what your reasons may be, used office furniture is a great alternative choice for a fantastic looking office at a reasonable price. Contact the team at Kings Office Furniture today or view our latest used office furniture bargains online.