Kings Office Furniture has been trading used office furniture for over 22 years (as of 2021). Throughout those 2 decades we've sold hundreds of thousands of used office desks, second hand office chairs, preowned office storage units of all sorts and other office furniture items. Every single unit we bought and sold saved one unit alike from being fabricated in a factory. It also saved it from going to a landfill.
There is a certain amount of carbon footprint that goes with every item produced. According to the research by the Furniture Industry Research Association the values for products we sell on everyday basis are as follows:
- Office Task Chair - 72 kgs of CO2
- Desk High Pedestal - 28 kgs of CO2
- Steel Pedestal - 44kgs of CO2
- Cupboard - 31kgs of CO2
- 1600mm x 800mm Wave Desk 63 kgs of CO2
- 6 People Bench Desk - 228 kgs of CO2
It's easy to see that a single person workstation can have the carbon footprint of nearly 180 kgs, and that's just the furniture, not counting electronics nor stationery!
Since 1999 Kings Office Furniture sold enough furniture to save approximately 44,712,360 kilograms of CO2.
3,577 flights around the whole world with a Boeing 737-400
Do you need high quality office furniture at low price?
Call us on 0845 521 9070 or 02080 926 205
1. FIRA - A STUDY INTO THE FEASIBILITY OF BENCHMARKING CARBON FOOTPRINTS OF FURNITURE PRODUCTS (http://www.healthyworkstations.com/resources/Environment/FIRA.CarbonFootprint.pdf)